Summer Employment Transitions
Start your career off on the Right Foot
Summer Employment Transitions is an AWARD-WINNING EMPLOYMENT SERVICE, recognized around the world for its INNOVATIVE APPROACH to helping young people with a disability find summer employment.
How does Summer Employment Transitions help students?
- We employ Summer Job Coaches who are students themselves
- Job Coaches search for summer jobs with local businesses and act as peer role models while providing on the job training
- Job Coaches can also help with workplace adjustments/ job aids, if needed
- All summer jobs are paid at minimum wage or better
- Age 16-29 with a self-declared disability
- New or Returning Student
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have Social Insurance Number (SIN)
Awarded International Innovative Practice Award at the United Nations in Vienna, Austria in 2017 for "outstanding in providing a practical solution to improve accessibility for persons with disabilities".