Summer Employment Transitions
Start your career off on the Right Foot
Summer Employment Transitions is an AWARD-WINNING EMPLOYMENT SERVICE, recognized around the world for its INNOVATIVE APPROACH to helping young people with a disability find summer employment.
How does Summer Employment Transitions help students?
- We employ Summer Job Coaches who are students themselves
- Job Coaches search for summer jobs with local businesses and act as peer role models while providing on the job training
- Job Coaches can also help with workplace adjustments/ job aids, if needed
- All summer jobs are paid at minimum wage or better
- Age 16-29 with a self-declared disability
- New or Returning Student
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have Social Insurance Number (SIN)
The Application Form for Summer Employment Transitions 2023 is now available.
Click here to download a fillable application for Summer Employment Transitions 2023
Click here to download a printable application for Summer Employment Transitions 2023
Please return completed forms to Community Living Sarnia-Lambton Administration Offices at 551 Exmouth St., Suite 105, on or before May 26, 2023 . *Applications handed in after this date will not be accepted, no exceptions*
Awarded International Innovative Practice Award at the United Nations in Vienna, Austria in 2017 for "outstanding in providing a practical solution to improve accessibility for persons with disabilities".